In this interesting BeHear NOW review Robert M. Berger provides his perspective on hearing aids, overpriced hearing devices and explains why BeHear NOW fulfills his hearing requirements.
My hearing has been fading for several years and recently I began shopping for a fix. I was appalled at the pricing of established hearing aids but heard that the U.S. government was now allowing certain categories of hearing devices to be sold over the counter and the market responded with several offerings at various prices. After an investigation of the pros and cons of each, I selected the Wear & Hear brand because of the messages on their home site and they met the needs of my hearing problem which were:
• It must customize to an audiogram. WH tests you on their app and adjusts to the results.
• I wanted a device where I could fine tune the sound. WH does that.
• It must be rechargeable. No batteries. WH is rechargeable and gives you multiple warnings when the battery is low.
• I wanted it to adjust for different environments. WH does indoor, outdoor, crowds and music modes.
• I wanted easily adjustable volume. I don’t have to take the device out of my ear to adjust volume, it’s on the cord.
• Must have Bluetooth phone connections. Got that.
• I needed to afford it. Their price was right.
I should also add the videos on both the PC and phone were complete and easily understandable. Once set up, a nightly recharge next to my phone was all that was necessary. For me, I didn’t want to start experimenting at $2000-3000, when I could do as well for 10% of that investment. There is a 30-day return policy and good customer service.
I’m hearing things I haven’t heard for years, movies, TV, my turn signal, my grandchildren, other adults, conversations in Starbucks, music. I don’t blast the car radio with others in the car and the neighbors two counties away have quit complaining that my TV is too loud. Everyone needs to make their own decision, but I feel that some of the higher priced devices are mostly markup, and in many cases obsolete technology that they have been selling for years.
So, as you can tell I am happy with it. I recommend you take a look at their website and see if it meets your needs. The website is the most informative and useful of any I visited. Good luck and quit yelling at the people in the supermarket for the wrong reasons.
A quality hearing device should not be a luxury!
That’s why we developed the BeHear NOW hearing amplification headset and made sure that, with all the advanced technology inside, it remains an affordable hearing device. BeHear NOW hearing amplifier helps to boost your hearing and works in four hearing modes. Wondering about the hearing device price? See that and more information on the BeHear NOW product page.