Bluetooth connection is not stable during phone calls.
In this case we recommend placing your mobile phone in front of you or in your hand, but not in a tight pocket or otherwise pressed against your body, as the body blocks the Bluetooth signal.
Is it possible to copy my hearing profile from one BeHear device to another, or do I need to retake the hearing assessment?
It is possible to transfer the results of your hearing assessment from one BeHear device to another. The audiogram of the test is stored in the Library, which is accessed from the W&H BeHear smartphone app.
To utilize the results of a previous hearing assessment, perform the following steps:
- Using the W&H app, connect to the new BeHear device.
- Enter the Personal menu (at the bottom of the screen).
- Choose the Library option.
- Tap the desired audiogram and press APPLY.
The app will recalculate the hearing parameters for the currently paired device, based on the audiogram you choose.
Note: A slight inaccuracy may result, due to the variance of the speakers in the various BeHear models. This variance is within a +/-3dB range, which is negligible for practical use.
What does the purple blinking light signify?
In all BeHear products, the blinking purple L.E.D. indicates that an assistive hearing function of the headset is active: Personal Hearing, EasyListen, or ListenThrough.
Does the T-coil mode on BeHear ACCESS activate automatically?
Activation of the T-coil mode for BeHear ACCESS is not automatic – you decide when to operate it.
When in the presence of a hearing loop, you can activate the T-coil (telecoil) mode for the BeHear ACCESS in two ways:
- From the headset, with a long press on one of the buttons.
- From the mobile phone, by tapping on the T-coil icon in the W&H BeHear app.
When pairing BeHear via Bluetooth with my computer the device shows both “headset” and “headphones” entries. Which should I choose?
Oftentimes, when you connect BeHear to your computer, you will see two BeHear entries: one as Headphone and one as Headset. For best results we recommend the following:
- For 2-way communication – Use the headset entry if you are on a video or audio call and the headset communication is two-way (send and receive).
- For 1-way communication (streaming only) – Use the headphone entry if you will be using BeHear for music/audio listening.
How do I turn the BeHear PROXY on and off?
On the inside of the neck band, on the right-hand side, there is a Power switch. Shift it towards the back and hold it until the unit vibrates. The LED on the top side will shine light blue, and a voice prompt will be played. The same action will turn the unit OFF.
How do I know if a firmware update is available for my headset?
When your headset is connected to the Internet (via the Bluetooth connection to your mobile phone or a computer), you can get notification of the availability of an update (and then apply it to your headset). The W&H BeHear app checks for updates automatically when the Auto option is selected for the Headset Update Check in the Application section of the Settings screen. You can also check manually by choosing the Settings option from the bottom menu of the app and then tapping the Update button on the screen.
How do I pair the headset to my phone?
- Using your smartphone, download the free W&H BeHear app from Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Open the W&H BeHear app, and choose an interface language.
- You will be prompted to indicate which headset you have (either BeHear NOW or BeHear ACCESS).
- The app will then show you how to put the headset into pairing mode (your phone’s Bluetooth option must be active).
- Follow the app’s on-screen prompts to connect the headset to your phone.
- Once the connection is successful, the headset will be turned off automatically. You are instructed to press its power button to turn it back on.
- Once the headset is back on, the pairing process is complete and you should start the hearing assessment.
How do I pair the headset to my Windows Desktop PC?
- To connect your BeHear headset to a Windows PC desktop computer, first you must place the headset into pairing mode (when the headset is OFF, press the power button for several seconds until the LED flashes alternating red and blue lights).
- Then (and only then!) go to Settings > Bluetooth & other devices on your Windows PC.
- Click the “Add Bluetooth or other device” option
- Click “Bluetooth”:
- Your BeHear headset will appear as an audio device in the list next to a “headphone” icon. Click on this device name to connect:
Note: If you don’t follow the sequence detailed above, and instead start searching for new device in the PC while your headset is simply ON (not in pairing mode), BeHear will appear in the list as unknown device, with no “audio” under the name and no “headphone” icon next to it. Connecting to this device will not activate BeHear as a headphone/headset.
My BeHear headset is not pairing with my laptop computer.
Make sure that the Bluetooth option on your computer is set to “on”. This option is usually found in the “Settings” section, “Bluetooth and Other Devices” sub-section.
On Windows computers you can quickly access the Bluetooth settings from the action center in the system tray.
If you don’t see the Bluetooth icon here it may be an indication that Bluetooth is not active. In this case, go to the computer Settings → Devices and make sure the Bluetooth switch is ON. If it is not, slide it to the right to activate Bluetooth.