How do I pair the headset to my phone?
- Using your smartphone, download the free W&H BeHear app from Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Open the W&H BeHear app, and choose an interface language.
- You will be prompted to indicate which headset you have (either BeHear NOW or BeHear ACCESS).
- The app will then show you how to put the headset into pairing mode (your phone’s Bluetooth option must be active).
- Follow the app’s on-screen prompts to connect the headset to your phone.
- Once the connection is successful, the headset will be turned off automatically. You are instructed to press its power button to turn it back on.
- Once the headset is back on, the pairing process is complete and you should start the hearing assessment.
How do I pair the headset to my Windows Desktop PC?
- To connect your BeHear headset to a Windows PC desktop computer, first you must place the headset into pairing mode (when the headset is OFF, press the power button for several seconds until the LED flashes alternating red and blue lights).
- Then (and only then!) go to Settings > Bluetooth & other devices on your Windows PC.
- Click the “Add Bluetooth or other device” option
- Click “Bluetooth”:
- Your BeHear headset will appear as an audio device in the list next to a “headphone” icon. Click on this device name to connect:
Note: If you don’t follow the sequence detailed above, and instead start searching for new device in the PC while your headset is simply ON (not in pairing mode), BeHear will appear in the list as unknown device, with no “audio” under the name and no “headphone” icon next to it. Connecting to this device will not activate BeHear as a headphone/headset.
My BeHear headset is paired to the computer but the audio is coming out of the speakers, not the headset.
- As the headset can be connected to two devices at any one time, you need to make sure it’s not currently channeling the audio from any other device you may have connected (iPad/tablet/HearLink, etc.)
- In order to make sure your headset is connected to the computer, double-click the speaker icon on the Windows lower menu bar.
The name that appears should be “BeHear” and not “Speakers”. If you see the name “Speakers” click the ^ (arrow). If the BeHear is connected properly you will be able to see it listed under the list of playback devices. Choose the “Headset” option.
- When connecting to a desktop / Windows computer, the BeHear headset can appear in two different listings, once as a “Headset” and once as “Headphones”.
- Only the “Headset” listing will enable the BeHear microphones to transmit (the “HeadPhones” setting uses BeHear as a speaker only). Try switching between these two options.
- If you are using a communication application, such as Skype or Zoom, it is not enough to specify in the computer settings that the BeHear headset should be the audio device. You will also need to specify it in the communication application’s audio settings.