Is it possible to copy my hearing profile from one BeHear device to another, or do I need to retake the hearing assessment?
It is possible to transfer the results of your hearing assessment from one BeHear device to another. The audiogram of the test is stored in the Library, which is accessed from the W&H BeHear smartphone app.
To utilize the results of a previous hearing assessment, perform the following steps:
- Using the W&H app, connect to the new BeHear device.
- Enter the Personal menu (at the bottom of the screen).
- Choose the Library option.
- Tap the desired audiogram and press APPLY.
The app will recalculate the hearing parameters for the currently paired device, based on the audiogram you choose.
Note: A slight inaccuracy may result, due to the variance of the speakers in the various BeHear models. This variance is within a +/-3dB range, which is negligible for practical use.
How do I perform the advanced hearing assessment?
The Basic hearing assessment, which checks audible hearing levels for six frequencies for each ear, is the default setting in the W&H BeHear app. The Advanced hearing assessment, which checks for most comfortable level in addition to audible level for these six frequencies, can be selected as follows:
- Go to the Settings menu (located at the bottom of the app screen).
- Tap the Application icon.
- Scroll down to the Hearing Assessment Mode entry.
- Tap on the Advanced text so that the check mark appears next to it.
- Now, go to the Personal menu (located at the bottom of the app screen).
- Tap the Assessment icon to start the test.
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions.