There is no TV audio sound in my headset when I use HearLink PLUS.
Try the following:
- Check the HearLink PLUS panel and make sure the OPT or AUX indicator is lit. If neither is lit, make sure the power and output cables are connected securely.
- Verify that the HearLink PLUS transmitter is in TX mode and that the TX indicator is lit.
- Either the A or B indicator on the HearLink PLUS panel should be lit. If it’s not, it’s a sign that the headset is not connected. Press the ON/OFF button once (short press) and check again. If one of the A/B indicators lights up, then the transmitter has connected to the headset successfully. You should now hear sound in the headset.
- If you still don’t hear sound, turn up the volume on the TV itself (or by using the BeHear headset’s left-hand side volume control).
If the TV sound is unclear or distorted, try turning ListenThrough mode OFF, or reducing the transparency of ambient sounds via the ListenThrough microphones using the headset’s right-hand volume button.
Connecting the HearLink TV transmitter blocks the television audio for the rest of the viewers.
If you have a set top box you may be able to use it to bypass the television’s audio output jack. Many set top boxes (cable boxes) have an analog audio output jack and/or an optical (digital) audio output jack. If you connect the HearLink/HearLink PLUS TV transmitter directly to the set top box the audio may transmit simultaneously to the BeHear headset and the television speakers.
I cannot find an audio output jack for the HearLink on my television.
How is HearLink PLUS different from other audio transmitters?
There are many audio transmitters on the market, but HearLink PLUS has some unique features that set it apart as the transmitter of choice for assistive hearing.
- It supports ListenThrough™ technology to allow important ambient sounds (like a conversation with a TV viewing partner, or the doorbell) to pass through on top of the streamed audio.
- During incoming phone calls the audio stream will be stopped and then automatically resumed when the call is completed.
- It supports up to two BeHear® headsets simultaneously.