Slow Down Speech in Real Time with EasyListen™
Increase Your Hearing Comprehension
- Do you ever have mobile (cell) phone conversations with “fast talkers” — people who speak so fast you can’t catch every word?
- When listening to a foreign language on your mobile (cell) phone, would you like more time to process the meaning?
- Would it be helpful to have extra time to write down information from recorded messages left on your mobile (cell) phone, such as names, phone numbers or dates?
We have a technology that can help. It’s called EasyListen™, and is included in every Wear & Hear headset, such as BeHear NOW personalizable Bluetooth amplifiers.
How Does EasyListen Assistive Listening Technology Work?
EasyListen is a real-time technology that dynamically slows down incoming speech for mobile (cell) phone calls, making it more natural and understandable. While “time stretching” technologies for speech modification have been around for a long time, EasyListen is more complex and intelligent than the classical approaches. The key is the word “dynamically” and following are the main differences:
- Inevitably, slowing down an audio signal in real time means a delay is accumulating rapidly. This accumulated delay must be addressed eventually — without interfering with the important parts of speech that follow. Natural pauses occur in each typical conversation and shortening such pauses is used to reduce the delay. However, if the speaker talks fast continuously, with no pauses, EasyListen will gradually stop slowing down his/her monologue when the maximal allowed delay is exceeded.
- Tones, noises and other irrelevant sounds are not stretched.
- Not all parts of the speech are slowed down equally. Sophisticated speech analysis is performed, and only those parts that are important for understanding, but just too fast, are slowed down to the extent that is necessary. Consequently, different vowels, plosives and fricatives are not stretched in an equal manner. And some sounds that that do not require stretching are not processed at all. For example such continuous sounds as “aaaa”, “yee”, “mmm”, etc., are not stretched.
EasyListen technology is language-independent and works equally well with Western and Eastern tonal languages. It can be activated during mobile (cell) phone calls only, not during live conversations or television/movie viewing.
Want More Information?
Join our mailing list to get updates about BeHear pricing and availability.
Where to Buy W&H Products
Follow Us on Twitter
CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years — the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. Alango technologies, such as ListenThrough™ and EasyListen™, as well as Wear & … Continue reading "CES 2020"
Future Health showcases the significant advances being made around the globe and inspires professionals to be progressive in their approach to the challenges we face. The event brings together government and policymakers, innovative products and solutions, and a global network of buyers and professionals. We are proud to participate as innovators in this space with … Continue reading "Future Health"
HearTech 2020 (formerly AAA), the American Academy of Audiology’s annual conference and exposition, is the world’s largest gathering of audiologists. This annual meeting provides participants the opportunity to attend four days of educational sessions, explore the latest in hearing technology, and network with colleagues from around the world. New Orleans, USA – April 1-3 – … Continue reading "HearTech (formerly AAA)"